Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sanderling Resort: Beautiful OBX Resort where you can enjoy the sunrise and sunset in on location!

Decided to do a quickie impromptu beach getaway. Did some online researching, like I usually do, and chose Sanderling Resort in Duck, North Carolina. My first time staying and most certainly not my last!
 
Classy, incredibly chill and a wonderful experience. From the moment I pulled into their parking to when I left, great welcoming vibes. 

It's a 3+ hour drive from the Richmond, Virginia area. I was ready to visit the beach. Check in is at 4pm. I went up to see the front desk to let them know I'd be using the beach. Doesn't hurt to ask, so I did to see if there was any possibility to check on early. 

Lucky me, they let me know my room was ready! They have staff ready and available to help you with your bags. They were professional and friendly. 
Great information to make the most out of my stay and what my resort fee covered to take advantage of those services! You can call 0 from your room, let them know you'd like a beach chair and umbrella set up. They meet you and make it super easy to start relaxing!

I headed out to the beach to enjoy surf fishing. Caught a black drum on first cast out! 

Plenty of options at the resort. Check out their site for full deaths. Here are a few highlights:



  • Where to stay? Different options of where to stay. Something for everyone, solo travelers like me, families, friends or couples. All ages. I stayed in the Beach House building. Loved the beach themed decor and many options to lounge, relax and take in the views!!  
  • Pools: They have a family pool and a separate adult pool. I like that option made available for adult only. They also have an indoor pool and steam room. I didn't check that out this time.
  • Spa: I didn't book a service, but will consider in the future.
  • Where to eat? Restaurants, casual and fine dining, lobby bar with small plate options (get the chowder!!), Sandbar outdoors bar (try the coconut drink ~ yummy!). More options in the little Duck town are available if you want to drive. I'm sure some could bike.
  • Activities: There's a staffed hut where you can book all kinds of activities, bikes, kayaks, etc.
  • Fire pits!!! Big, beautiful fire pits to roast s'mores & chill out. You'll find a s'mores pack in your room.



  • Corn hole: Saw a few people playing throughout the day.
  • Prime sunrise and sunset viewing! The beach views, including top notch sunrise and sunset viewing are excellent! Great architecture designs to maximize your views of the spectacular. In the Beach House building, you can go upstairs to enjoy these views at a higher perspective or venture outside for a walk, on either side of the resort.
  • My room: Huge! King sized bed. Queen sofa bed. Sitting table. Private balcony. Refrigerator. Large bathroom. Large screen tv. More!
  • Room service: I wanted to get out early the next morning to fish and didn't want to waste any time, so I took advantage of a convenient service where you fill out your order and hang the card on your door before bed. Worked out great, got my delicious Outer Banks breakfast and then was off to the beach!
I'm sure there is more, but those are things I observed and/or checked out this trip.


My goal to have some fun fishing, recharge and rejuvenate was a huge success. 

I highly recommend this beautiful, relaxing resort. I'm eager to return!

A few tips for fellow passionate anglers interested in surf fishing:
  • Fishing requires a license. 
  • If you're not a NC resident, get your nonresident.
  • Bob's bait & tackle shop: Visit this place for bait, gear. 
  • Check out their website for a link to gain your fishing permit. 
  • After picking up bait and some rigs for my line, I was set!!
Sanderling Resort 

Bobs bait & tackle 

No comments:

Post a Comment