Saturday, April 6, 2013

Farmers Market Adventure

Quick stop to my local Farmers Market in Richmond. Picked up purple kale, Swiss chard.. From one of my favorite tents, Walnut Hill Farm, picked up a ginormous bag of spinach, Brussels sprouts (going to give it try since I see my friend Dionne cooking up it w bacon & my brother has been eating it lately), red potatoes.

Also, met Ken.. The lemonade & limeade guy. I was impressed by the attention & passion he had making my freshly squeezed lemonade. He let me know he uses filtered water for the lemonade.. & the ice. He also makes his own simple syrup. It was delicious!! He is normally set up in a tent at the farmers market. I insisted he take the dollar tip I offered.. A person who cares this much about the product he serves earns my appreciation. If you're going to do something, give it your all... Else why bother. Great dose of fresh vita C, Ken. Thanks, Dude!:)

Here are a couple pics from this mornings adventures. South of the James Farmers Market http://growrva.com/

What are you up to in this Sat?









No comments:

Post a Comment