Sunday, April 7, 2013

This is a Love Story - East Coast Oysters Adventure

Disclaimer: Reading this post and goo-gaa'ing the pics may lead to mouth watering and googly eyes. Enjoy!!!

Rappahannock isn't just fun to say.... It's the name of one of my most favored Oysters on the planet (so far:)) ~ Rappahannock Oysters.

This is just a brief story of my passion for them. Now, I could write about this, that or the other.. but I'll leave the official foodie reports to the pros. Rather, I'm about finding the fun & delightful WOW-Knock-My-Socks-Off-Wait-They-Already-Sonic-Booomed experiences in Life. I thoroughly enjoy those things that capture & keep my eyes googling &/or mouth watering. Rappahannock Oysters qualifies! If you enjoy fresh oysters, live in the area, this spot is a delight. Experience them!

My first oysters were an average experience:
I haven't been in love with oysters all my life. I started to try them on the West Coast, while living in Burbank (the Burbank around Los Angeles). No oysters knocked my socks off like Rappahannock Oysters. So, let me unravel the dets of my Rappahannock oyster Wow experiences...

Oyster love connection LIVE in Virginia:)
I first discovered the "related to Rappahannock Restaurant" quaint tasting room, Merroir, last year... through a Twitter tweet! Yes, recognize the power of social media picturing sharing:) Read about the tasting set up, saw a pic & just knew I had to try it. I suggested some work colleagues & I visit that spot as part of our team building offsite lunch spot. We went & I was SMITTEN!! Since that visit I've returned to the lovely Merroir, not nearly as often as I would have liked, but plan to return very soon & can't wait!

Mesmerized by these Virginia delicate delicious delights!
If there was a word above & beyond Uber, I'd use it here. Think beyond uber quality fresh raw oysters. Legit! Until I met their oysters, I haven't laid eyes on ones so beautiful in appearance & a taste so fresh! They do something magical with their tasting sauces. Yes, I like the typical red, with fresh lemon & fresh horseradish. Looove fresh horseradish & they serve it up. Keep it up, Guys!! They do things with their dipping sauces that I would have never tried, but do & find it to be a taste bud joyride. I always find a combo that I dig.. & then do just that Dig in!

Say Ahhhhh:)
12 oysters on a half shell is my min order. These oysters rock. They hv 3 types.. Rappahannock oysters, Stingrays, Old Salts. My favorites are the Rappannock & Stingrays.

Going back to Rappahannock Restaurant.. I was STOKED to find out they opened a restaurant in Richmond. Really like the restaurant decor & setup. Makes me feel like when I was visiting my uncle & aunt in northern cali as a kid.. Eating by the beach... Love the wood finish & nautical decorations. Def want to try eating at the bar sometime. Looked like a fun spot to savor some oysters & drink.

Anyways, enough words:) Just do --> Visit them ~ experience the Yummilious mouth mamba if you dare!!

They have restaurants in Richmond, Virginia... Rappahannock Restaurant, DC & the waters off the Rappahannock river. They also pack & ship fresh oysters to various locations ~ it's neat to see their packing action right off the Merroir location. Shows you their passion for the business they are in & cool to see other places beyond benefiting from these delicate, delicious treasures!

Check out their sites for more details on their oysters, story, locations, etc..
http://www.rroysters.com/
http://www.rroysters.com/restaurants.htm

Here are a couple of pics of my yummy experiences.. Great memories & I'll be back for more!!

Have you tried Rappahannock oysters?
If so, what did you like most.. Food &/or beverage?
If you haven't yet, but do... come back and tell me what you enjoyed most. I'd be interested in hearing what you'd recommend.

P.s. now I'm starving!

Lovely Merroir by the water

Fresh oysters - sooo ready to get my Yum On!

Mmmmmmm :)

These prawns were say Ahhhhhhh-Awesome - my mouth is watering thinking about them right now!
Rock fish is meaty and delish. At nearly 3 o'clock, trying to peek-a-boo behind the water.. is NOT a pancake.. rather a deeeelicious crab cake. SO great!

A different visit, more delicious oysters!!

BBQ'd oysters if you don't fancy the raw deal.

Ummm HELLO Rockfish with pesto ~ you know your eyes are bugging out now. Looks so Great you want to lick the screen right now!!

Devil on horseback - BBQ'd oysters with fresh virginia ham.. OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eyes rolling back like a great white ready to CHOMP down.. keep your fingers away!! :)

WOOHOOO! Rappahannock Oysters in Richmond, Virginia!!

Loving the inside digs!

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ~ get in my belly!!!! The fresh horseradish ROCKS.

For the non-oyster eating crew, they do have some dishes for you. This pork belly sandwhich was Amazing. Glad my sister tried it because I was too busy eating oysters:) I did not expect it to knock my socks off ... it did and I want more!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment