Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pilot Ground School Day 3 ~ Flying Adventure

Class 3 was another good one! Flight Instructor Jim kicked it off with donuts!

Covered engines, carburetor, fuel/air mixture, rich/lean mixture, carburetor ice & heat, engine operation, rough running, fuel system, fuel grades (didn't know it's blue, green or red!), fuel checks, electrical system, alternator, ammeter, fuses, circuits, vacuum system, pressure instruments, Asi, IAS, TAS, altimeter... Yep, I'm certainly not getting bored here. I enjoy learning more! Challenges my brain & I like!

Here are some pics I snapped tonight.

Excited about my first flight w Jim this Sat to put some of these learning into action!
WooHooo!

Good donuts and aviation studying.. approved!

Check out Jim in action.. he's in the zoooone!

Check out the screen - fuel is blue, green or red! Who knew.. color coded fuel.. well, now I do!

Snapped this pic before I left.. cute guys, aren't they.

Excited to get up and fly this weekend. Ready or READY!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! Go for it! @ancestorsfound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi! Thanks for the comment! Pumps me up! Yes indeed ~ going for it & excited for my flying lesson tomorrow! WooHoo:D

      Delete