Monday, May 28, 2018

19.3519° N, 81.3830° W Paradise has coordinates, Cayman Islands

First time visit to the beautiful Cayman Islands! Love when a great decision manifests into one of the best times ever! That’s what happened earlier this month. 









So glad my Adventure BFF could experience it together! We both work hard, play harder. This was the perfect place to rejuvenate but sprinkle in some Fun Sonic Boomin. Another epic vacation chapter lived! No shoulda, woulda, coulda with us. We do!

I loved the aspect of international travel this trip provided. I was eager to fill out a customs form and get a passport stamp. It’s the military brat in Me. I know travel to be Adventure and an experience I’m sure to grow from. It was neat texting Char in the air, hearing her updates as she arrived before me and waited for me at baggage claim to sync up!

No rental car this round, but I may consider next time. We’ll see. US people: You drive on the other side of the roads so you need to be skilled to operate with confidence and safety. I recommend just taking a cab if you’re unsure. I grew up in Asia learning how to drive in the other side so I can do it without issue. 
Tip: If you’re a AAA member and interested in international driving, be sure to stop by and get an International Drivers License. I did that for a trip to drive a rental in Japan in 2016. Very convenient!

Eagle has landed 😝 When I got off the plane, cool music was playing on the speakers. I like!!! Cleared customs. Found Char and we were off to snag a cab to head to Kimpton Seafire Resort. I was really excited to meet this hotel. A friend at work highly recommended it. She’s been going to Grand Cayman annually with her Family and gave me such great intel, including high praise for this hotel. I did my own research, too, and this place looked amazing in the pictures. The test would be assessing the real deal! It’s not cheap so my expectations were high:-)

A brief drive and we arrived! WOW!!!! Seafire was a dream come true. Beautiful style, decor and the customer experience was exceptional. We arrived early so our room wasn’t ready for us, but they checked us in, secured our bags, showed us where we could change into something more comfortable, got us situated with WiFi as they planned to contact us via email when our room was ready.. oh wait but Welcome Champagne first!! They offered us a glass of bubbly which made us even more giddy with delight. 

We changed to beach wear, headed to the beach with our Champagne. Good thing I was wearing flip flops... my socks would have knocked off!! Stunning Caribbean Sea. I fell in love with my first taste of it July 2017 meeting St. John, US Virgin Islands. My very first Caribbean experience. The Caribbean has my heart! Magical and wicked:-)

Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend a trip to Grand Cayman and staying at Kimpton Seafire. The resort and its exceptional Customer Experience from day one to departure made this trip one of the best adventure chapters yet! Everyday there, the entire staff made us feel so welcomed. Smiles, good vibes and so accomadating. This is a place I’ll return again solo or with only the greatest company to share an exquisite place on the planet!

Here are a few recommendations and pictures:

STAY - Book an ocean view room at Seafire if you can!













BEACH BAR - My new Favorite on the planet is Coccoloba, steps off the beach from Seafire! Live music. Wonderful staff. Met our new friend RP! A perfect beach bar to eat, drink & be merry!
What a view!!

Excellent sunset!!

Taco Tuesday’s at its best!!!

That sunset!!! My skull glass!! Adventure!!!

Wonderful talent working at Seafire & Coccoloba! Met people from all over the world. Here’s me, Char and RP. We’re about to experience delicious homemade churros they do at Coccoloba, with chocolate dipping sauce. DELISH!!!!

Perfect beach bar!


SEA FUN -  Six Senses Cayman Adventure 
Everyone said Stingray City was a must. We were both apprehensive about touching the stingrays. We were changed by the experience!! It was awesome and exceeded expectations. I have a greater level respect and admiration for the rays. 

Highly recommend this group. I booked the early bird which left the yacht pier around 730a. They provide convenient door to door pick up/drop off. We did stingray city without any other boats! It was epic!!! Then we snorkeled coral reefs which was great because there wasn’t a lot of Sea Life to admire snorkeling off the beach at the resort. A little, but nothing like the coral reefs diversity of fish & coral! Last stop was Starfish Point. So zen!

Highly recommend Six Senses Cayman Adventure 










LAND TOUR - Cayman Safari Adventures 
Char booked this for us with the Seafire Conceige. They provide us with an excellent on the spot booking to secure us a spot the next day to explore some island sights. Again, another great door to door experience. The Safari Jeep picked us up & after a few more pick ups, we stopped at a few spots. My favorites were the ocean blow holes and the Cayman Crystal Caves. You couldn’t not help but feel like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft climbing into the hot innards of the Earth!! It was memorable!!




















MORE EATS - Westin Tortuga Grill 
We walked the famous Seven Mile Beach to head over to Westin’s to eat & check out their shops. We had a Caribbean lobster + local whole red snapper (my Favorite!). 














TOURISTY STUFF - We went into George Town to visit Hard Rock. Char collects pins worldwide! This area is very touristy, it’s where all the cruise ships stop.  Glad we stopped by when all the boats were leaving😝 We had Hard Rock pretty much exclusively!!




MORE EATS Ave @ Seafire 
Wonderful quality. I could easily stay onsite to indulge in delicious high quality meals!
We enjoyed a few meals, dinner, brunch and room service creme brûlée!

Homemade bread

Delicious salad

Mouth watering seafood pasta with squid ink pasta

Outdoor seating can hear the ocean

Brunch 







Room service dessert!


These are just a few highlights! You must experience this magical place for yourself. Ideally, you’ll feel the magic, too, leaving inspired and rejuvenated. I’m eager to return & feel more awesome!











Visit Trip Advisor to review these spots. I’ve left some comments and so have many others!

If you’ve stayed on Seven Mile Beach, what are your highlights of must do & see?

Happy Adventuring!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment