Saturday, February 22, 2014

Aviation Adventures: Good flying, good learnings

Flew from home base New Kent W96 to West Point Middle Peninsula KFYJ (2nd time there) to Williamsburg Jamestown KJGG (1st visit!) back to W96. Jim has me learning more about VOR navigation which I like for the added orienteering skills. Also, looking forward to familiarizing myself more with the foreflight application.

So far every new airport is an exciting adventure. Love the feeling of discovery. Still, I always enjoy the return to home base. 

You ever hear ever the saying it's the little things that matter? In aviation, there are no little things. Every step of the process is extremely important. Today I learned more. Valuable in growth & experience. It's was a good day of flying. 

Today's route 
Quick shot as I verified fuel levels before takeoff at Williamsburg Jamestown
4 stamps. Looking forward to experiencing landings & Takeoffs at more new airports!:-)
By far, some of the best sunsets I've seen in my Life I've experienced flying in these planes. It's an uniquely special feeling. Looking forward to experiencing many more to come all over the world!:-) 
Here's heading back to W96. I even got my first night flying time tonight!
On the food front: Enjoyed this delicious antipasta salad from A Taste of Italy in Midlothian, Virginia. Great Italian food!! You must try them is you're in the area.
Cheese pizza is delish!

What kind of flying, food &/or fun adventures were you up to on this 2/21/2014? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment