Saturday, June 8, 2013

Farmers Market Adventure: Nature's Treasures!

What a treat today.. got to meet up with my friend Diana, who's visiting this weekend, for an early Sat run to the South of the James Farmers Market. 

It rained on & off, but didn't dampen the fun. I wore flip flops & walking in the rain was fun bc the temps aren't cold.

First stop for us was Blanchards coffee. Then we went to Yoder's doughnut spot. I got a load of veges... Love local produce... They are natures treasures. Just look so darn happy & healthy! 

Here are a few pics to googly eyes:)
Go visit them some Sat. It gets uber crowded so bring your patience, park, & enjoy!

Rainy day, but market is OPEN!!

Smiles at Yoder's ~ Thanks for the doughnut, Diana!!:)

I got 12 doughnuts ~ that should cover my parents, brother & nephews! Im not a huge doughnut person, but these are made fresh.

My FAV cucumbers, pickling cucumbers!

Look at these beauties!!!!!

Gorgeous tomatoes

Blueberries Mmmm

At home, made a salad for lunch. Yummy local lettuce & radish!!

Fresh catnip for my indoor kitty:)

She likie!!

Tooooo cute, look at her.. She would cover the catnip & give me a look ~ Catnip, MINE!:)

What are your favorite Farmers Market goodies? Any favorite recipes using your Farmers Market goodies? Fess up!






No comments:

Post a Comment