Sunday, July 14, 2013

Aviation Adventures: Steep Turns & Setting Up for Landing

Enjoyed a Great day of flying this weekend. My instructor Jim had me practice steep flight maneuvers. I did so much better than my first time. I used tips shared by other pilots I know who gave some advice on how I could maintain altitude & they worked!

Jim recommended I use a cushion to sit up higher when in the plane. It worked great & helped me to see better above the dashboard.

It was a fab day. The kind that left me with a big Cheshire Cat smile. :D 
Eager to get back up!

Oh & the latest AOPA Flight Training magazine had an article on slow flight. Was good for me to read since the last flight I had with Jim the lightbulb went off for me about the correlation bw airspeed & pitch, altitude & throttle.
True!
Here's the cushion chair to raise me up higher!
There is Colonial Downs race track! I just love the view from up high in the Virginia sky!
Beautiful green
Back to the airport
Cheshire Cat smile after a Great fly day!
Went home & made a delicious Greek salad. YUM!
STOKED ~ found a few seasons of Bear Grylls on Netflix I haven't seen yet. Jackpot!!:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment