Saturday, October 26, 2013

Feed Your Mind. Create Your Story.

I enjoyed Senator Warner's 2013 Virginia Women's Conference. I was fortunate to learn it was on this weekend from Kate Hall (@KateHallRVA ~ Thanks, Kate!)

Last time I went to this conference was in 2010 & I presented on the use Social Media as a tool in your job hunt. I was so surprised someone approached me saying she remembered my presentation! Wowzas! I was really pleased to hear she benefited from some of my suggestions. Rocking! I have a strong passion for social media & see it as a great tool with a lot of possibilities when used effectively.

This conference is a treat. I found the speeches & sessions leaving me with good food for thought, generating ideas & getting me inspired about the possibilities to create the best chapters in my Life still yet to come. BRING IT!!:) I look forward to what will come from using what I picked up, as well as reflecting on things I already know, but heard today that reinforced them.

This is your Life. Create your own story or else live another's. You're the Captain! Just have to focus & hone in on the what & why to align closer to your purpose!

Couple pictures from the day. I highly recommend you check this conference out in the future! It's a free event with sponsors funding it. You have the potential to leave with more insights & connections!

Full house this morning!
Greater Richmond GATE had an insightful presentation on Entrepreneurship. Key message for new entrepreneurs ~ Ask the right people your questions! Learn from those who are doing it successfully now. Grow your network, focus on your product/service and do the planning to set you up for success. Learn more about this group & the info/service they provide www.grgate.com
Pleasant surprise! Bumped into a familiar face. Susan Burton - very active in the Richmond community and passionate about making a positive difference. That ROCKS!
Lynda McNutt Foster @lfosterva on twitter- Presenting her "Make Shift Happen" LOVE the title & her Rockstar energy. She's an Executive Brand Coach that will help you discover and show others your true potential as a Leader. She's supercharged! www.lyndamcnuttfoster.com
Nice lunch! List of the sponsors who funded the event ~ Thank you!
Cutest giveaway from VCU Medical @vcumedical (on twitter) ! They opened a new maternity ward in October. These are adorable!!!
Putting Social Media To Work For You - Enjoyed the insights shared by the panel. We learn from those who are actively doing the things we want to get into. It was fantastic to see these Professionals representing RVA Social Media Talent - Rock On, Ladies! Keep sharing the wisdom from your success to educate and inspire others. We are watching and learning!:)
Twitter @KateHallRVA @KendallMorris @JudiCrenshaw Latryce Noel from VSU

Did you attend Senator Warner's 2013 VA Women's Conference today?
What was your favorite part?!

I'm curious, what do you do to continue to grow & develop yourself personally & professionally to increase your success?

Fess up, I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment