Friday, November 1, 2013

Want More. Stretch Yourself & Live More!

Today was awesome. Despite the yucky weather, I kept my flight appointment. So glad I did! Great flying & landings!

I originally thought I'd cancel my flight because the winds were strong. Watched the weather reports from bed. Was still VFR & decided I wasn't going to hang around in bed when I could fly!! Not all days will be sunny & calm. Today was a perfect opportunity to work in blah cloudy VFR conditions. Also, it was an opportunity to practice in strong crosswinds. I was up for it!

I loved the challenge & the extra concentration the conditions required. Crabbing into the wind. Was just like Flying Wild Alaska. Well, the closest I've experienced to it! The winds had a mind of its own. Felt like I was riding a stallion at times. Yeehaaa!

Today, was the first time I was the pilot of a plane flying over the beautiful Virginia Fall foliage. In the past, I've enjoyed it as a passenger on a commercial flight. So fantastic & I look forward to enjoying more Fall scenes from more flights this month!

I'm enjoying my progress & learning from Jim. My solo time is coming soon!!!:D

Just like Life, things aren't always sunny & calm. However, it is when we get through the bad weather and turbulence that we gain more insights & skills. I like being reminded of why not being complacent reaps the greatest rewards. So glad I didn't waste the day not going for it when I could. I LOVE flying:)

This was me checking conditions from bed. Wasn't thrilled about the wind & wind gusts!

Me looking at more weather report dets


Saw this beauty on the asphalt before heading out to the airport. Fall RULES here on the East Coast. Colors so vibrant they make my eyes light up:)
Fitting song on this Nov 1st rainy day
I gave the sky a fist shake & thought you better Not turn IFR on me!!! I'm coming up, ya hear!:)
Checking conditions again. 
LOVE. :)
LOVE!!
Knocking my socks off ~ LOVE fall in Virginia!! 
Beautiful
Giving me GaGa Eyes!!!
Cheese!! Hmm can you tell how Happy I am. Flying is the Greatest!
152 controls 
Back on land. Virginia Fall foliage Rocks!
Really liked this tree. Multi colors wowed me! So beautiful!
Crazy cloud sky scene this evening. Was like a painting.

What is your Favorite part of the Fall season?

No comments:

Post a Comment