Saturday, October 12, 2013

LIVE in RVA ~ Farmers Market!! Get your Fresh Local Produce

Time waits for no one! Stop flipping through tweets (I say this as much for me bc that is what I was doing prior to visiting the market:)). Get on out to the local Farmers Market! Parking is not crazy packed so perfect to find a spot, no excuses! Get delicious fresh local goodness to feed your body, mind & soul this week!!!!

I just hit up SOTJ Get on out & support our Farmers, Coffee Mix Masters, Crafters, Artisans, etc! You're sure to find something!

Here are a few pics I snapped bc sometimes pics compel you to GET OUT & GET SOME YUMMY LOCAL GOODNESS :D Dare you! 

SOTJ open til noon!

Visit my new Farmer friend ~ Heath, near Blanchards Coffee! He's in the blue shirt behind the mystard table trimmed table! 
Was in & out like the wind ~ got my produce goodies, but first stop was Blanchard's Coffee. Powered up for my speed walk through the market:)
Visit Heath's stand! I got these beans. Rainy day, perfect for shelling these bad boys. I asked if I could just sautéed them as is ... You should have seen Heath's face!!:D Yah, no... Got to shell these suckers. I'm up for the challenge. Stay tuned for a pic later of what I make ~ Muaah ahh ahh :)
Heath's stand ~ he's got some crazy hot peppers! Learned abt the Scorpian pepper.. Apparently hotter than the ghost?!! Yeeoowzas!
Walnut Farm is the HooOOuuSsseee!
Visit them! Their beets, featured here, drew me in like a Tracker Beam!! I can't wait to cook them. HEALTHY & DELISH!!!! Get some & visit them!
Love me fresh radish! Stopped by Pinefork before I left. Yummy yummy!!

Now, if you don't get on up & visit them today.... Come visit them another weekend.... but I'm just saying.... Come out today. You want to fill your belly w Fresh Local Produce.....(I say this shaking my fingers w the Jedi influencing finger wiggle)!

What's your favorite goodies from the local Farmers Markets you go to? fess up!







No comments:

Post a Comment