Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A GEM called Clifton Inn in Charlottesville, Virginia

Celebrated my birthday recently. I woke up with no plan, but a beautiful one came together like Magic, just like all great things do. 

I was looking into a hotel that was going to wow me. Looking up spas and resorts. My results brought me to Clifton Inn. http://www.cliftoninn.net/
I can't even begin to do justice in describing the Incredible experience I had staying in this GEM of a spot here in Virginia. This place was by far more exceptional than I imagined!

A place where I felt at home & enjoyed the luxury that makes it a member of Relais &  Chareaux. The food was gourmet & the grounds ripe for exploration. 

Wonderful sheets were Mascioni linens ~ like sleeping on clouds:) 

My suite was exceptional. I reluctantly left. Just loved it there!

Thank you Clifton Inn for making my birthday an unforgettable one. I look forward to returning & creating new memories!!

Join me in this pictorial adventure of moments I captured during this amazing experience.

The main house
Lovely lobby. Warm fire & beautiful interior. Hi Emily! Thank you for making my reservation so smooth. 
View as I looked back ~ on my way to my suite!
Opened the door ~ Gorgeous!
Another angle of the room 
Comp water
Comp Madeira
What a treat ~ a taste of American History
Wonderful welcome ~ fresh fruit, lovely card & drinks
Can see the lake from the sofa 
Beautiful porcelain tub
Also a shower
Fancy toiletries from London
Real orchid, beautiful
Love this suite!
Love
Tea time!
Beauty in the main house
My lovely tea time 
Got a tour of the wine cellar. Private parties can be held here
Beautiful spots like this to enjoy outdoors. Pretty chandelier.
Fantastic infinity pool, hot tub, has grill, tennis court. Wasn't ready for use now, but bet it's awesome in the summer.
Tennis court
Let's walk to the lake
View behind my shoulder of my wonderful suite:)
Closer to the lake
Closer
Gorgeous! Bet it is breathtaking in Fall
View from my suite. Can enjoy the lake view.
Ordered a glass of Monticello wine. 
So many wineries
Personalized menu. Clifton Inn made my birthday so enjoyable!
 Delicious gourmet small plate 
Came back to my room & found this cute box of cookies
Wonderful touch, Clifton Inn. Beautiful card & message.
A window view
Another window view
Loved the sheets & comforter. Reluctantly left the bed for breakfast 
Enjoying the lake view
Picture doesn't do justice. The view from my seat of the beautiful Charlottesville hills was superb.
Tea time & the Continental breakfast (Pastries, fresh OJ & coffee) are included in the reservation fee. You can order hot breakfast items for an extra cost.
Beautiful views all over!
Want to return to these chairs & enjoy the fire pit!
Nice view
:)
Another room attached to the side of the main house that can be reserved. 
Walking around exploring. Spotted a nest up high.
Nestled in the hills, this gem was very hard to leave. I'm so glad I discovered it. Excited to return again!

Thank you for your hospitality & being a part of making my birthday a special one, Clifton Inn. I shall return!

No comments:

Post a Comment