Saturday, February 8, 2014

Aviation Adventure: Hey Han, there's a new Solo around town --> Em SoloWooHoo!

Last Saturday, it was a calm day at New Kent Aviation (Quinton, Virginia). It was a great day of flight for me. I achieved my first solo.

A week since, I still smile huge recalling the unique sensation that comes with the acute recollection of feelings experienced taking flight by myself, on my own and unassisted. An achievement and memory that will make my heart flutter with excitement, my lips curl up in a smile & my eyes sparkle like fiery diamonds recalling one of my Best days.

Every single take off, flight, and landing is unique. There are very few things I have found in Life that demand the higher standards/levels that aviation does and that spark great feelings I experience with each flight.  

First solo, one of many to come! 
Solo ~ The transition from the thought of, "I can do this!" to "I did it and look forward to doing it again!"

I love flying!

Hanging up my 1st Solo shirt at NKA FBO ~ WooHoo!
Right after landing. High5s with Bryan Smith CFI. Thanks to my Instructor Jim Oddono, too!
Look closely. I'm like a tiny firefly in the sky. Coming in for landing!
My take off!
Em Solo ~ There I go!
God Bless America where opportunities exist to get into General Aviation!
Absolute! I'm eager to continue learning & growing my skills/experience!
If you're a pilot, student or seasoned, share with me your memories of you first solo?! Would love to hear them!

If you're a student who's near your first solo, what are your thoughts about the upcoming milestone?!

2 comments:

  1. How EXCITING Emily! Congratulations - what a milestone. This is so inspiring. You did it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Tiffany! It was nothing less than Spectacularly Awesome!:-D I'll never forget it!:-)

      Delete