Sunday, February 16, 2014

Aviation Adventures: Flight Plan Briefing--> next stop Richmond Executive Airport for a lunch buffet ~ BOOYAAH!:-D

Flying is a magnificent experience. I don't come from a flying family. It wasn't until I went on my first discovery flight on the West Coast in 2007 in a R-22 helicopter, without the doors on which was The Best, then my first cessna discovery flight on the East Coast in 2012 that I found this passion to aviate & thank goodness I did. I knew, on that first Cessna ride, I wanted to pilot, not be the passenger. Aviation is what I imagine it's like meeting the love of your life. Simply put, it just feels like home! Aviation to me is something you would never take for granted & always showing up at your Best! I love that, really I do because it demands my best. 

To lift smoothly off the ground in a plane you're operating, climbing steady towards the sky is nothing but exhilarating. Cruising high above, things below, thoughts, concerns melt away. I'm acutely present in each & every moment. No distraction.  The steps that lead up to a landing keep me even more so razor focused. To feel the wheel softly touch the runways upon landing is pure zen.

So, last Friday I proposed a flight plan to my instructor Jim to include a visit, my first, to Richmond Executive Airport (formerly known as Chesterfield Airport) & ... priorities... check out their lunch buffet! Yeay!!! Oh yes, flying & eating are 2 of my favorites things! I'm excited about my very first Fly & Dine experience. One of very many, many, many more to come.:-)

Here are a few pics I captured of the adventure. 

There's my lil guy!!! 152 stud:-)
I love my checklist. Preflight. I really enjoy climbing up to check the fuel.
NKAs helping hands to get the lil guy out of the hanger! Hercules!!
Flying to Richmond Executive Airport (formerly known as Chesterfield airport). Note, inflight pics mean I have positively exchanged controls. Just saying ~ safety, first!:-)
Getting closer to the buffet:-)
Love these aerial views! Amazing to really look at these after a flight & awe over how different Life is from a higher altitude:-)
Great first landing at Richmond Executive Airport!:-) Greeted by Ben.
Beautiful charter planes to my right.
Sweeeeet pano of the airport.:-)
Hiya REA!
Finally, I get to try Kings Korner buffet! Bring it!!!!
Yum:-)
Spotted fellow NKA W96ers dropping in for lunch!
Got my Virginia Aviation Ambassador Passport stamp. Cheese!:-D
Eager to get this stamped to the full!
Me directing Jim to take my photo with the Pilots only sign:-) I once came here to meet a date who flew in, now I'm flying a plane in & out. Love how that happens!;-)
Cheese!
Got to watch this beautiful take off while checking the fuel:-)
Checking fuel levels. I love this.... I reeeaaaalllyyy do!:-)
Flying back to W96.
River view
Love these views
Saw this article from AOPA Flight Training Magazine at my FBO. I'm definitely flying into Tangier!
Yes!!!! My license plate came in!:-)
A beautiful Virginia sunset to close out an awesome day of Flying, Food, & Fun! LOVE!

So, fess up... What are you favorite fly & dine spots!  Help an aviator newbie out. Where's the best fly & grubbin I should ass to my list?!

Safe flying to all you Aviators sharing the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment