Monday, September 15, 2014

Virginia Fishing Adventure ~ Rappahannock River

This weekend I was invited to my friend's family river house. Since I wasn't flying, I could not pass up the chance to fish at this beautiful location. 

My goal was to catch 5 fish. I caught 6. I used bloodworms. They completely grossed me OUT. Bloodworms remind me of that desert worm thing that ate Boba Fett in Return of the Jedi, just smaller scale gross. I had the uncontrollable face contortions dealing with handling that ickiness, but after a few rounds of cutting them up & putting their pieces on the hook I was A-Ok with it. Check!

The worms were a hit & I enjoyed the fishing fun. The most rewarding part of it was using the reel I respooled by myself. I didn't have anyone show me. I watched a few youtubes. It took me 2 attempts to get it right. I was very pleased my rod/reel worked great!

Here are a few pictures of my catch & release fishing Sunday Funday. Looking forward to more Virginia Fishing!

Love these moments & sights!
First bloodworm bag purchase. Fishes loved them. They smell UCK & are quite gross, but were very effective on this fishing day!
Gross, getting my lure bloodwormed.
First catch. His eyes say it all... He's not feeling this moment.
Guy 2! Ok, I know what you're thinking... This is the same fish as above. Wrong! He was a tad bigger & had a smidge more purple to him.
Fishy 3. Dude was less than thrilled I got him. Hence that Hmph expression.

Fish 4 was slick, he got away at the last minute. No photo shot.

Fish 5 was The Big Boy! Here's me handling the wiggly situation.
Big guy!
Releasing him
Me & big SC (Spot Croaker), before I released him.
Two of my favorites ~ fishing & flying!
Gorgeous sunsets here in Virginia
Pano shot!

What's your favorite part of fishing? What's the biggest fish you've caught?
What's your favorite bait ~ fresh and/or salt water? 
Fess up! I'd love to hear your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment